First off, I CHOSE TO BE SINGLE! After a seven year relationship that probably lasted two years longer than it should have, I finally stopped the procrastination and made a choice. TO. BE. SINGLE. Although a rather scary thought after being in a relationship for eons I took the plunge! It was and still is the best choice for me. At least for now.
OKAY, now that that is out of the way.While being a single lady, I’ve realized quite a few things about myself.
- I’ve resorted to climbing on counters to get to the top shelves. I haven’t done this in quite some time. Basically, I need a kitchen built for gnomes.
- Zippers on the back of dresses will be the death of me. Seriously, I literally have to stretch and work up to doing up my zippers. This usually ends up with me asking thy neighbour to help a sista out. They have since blocked my phone calls and have posted neighbourhood watch signs all over the street.
- I sleep easier. Granted I have two massive dogs that are the biggest cuddle bugs you could ever have. Makes the slumber more cozy.
- I’m not as lonely as I thought I would be. Sure I have moments where loneliness kicks in. Especially in the beginning, I thought I was the loneliest ‘sac de shit’. But it does get easier, every day gets better. Slowly, but surely.
- I don’t feel as guilty masturbating. But i will say my hand may now have carpal tunnel (not so sure how I feel about that). This also reminds me that my booty call list is no longer applicable to me. Half are married, crazy and don’t have pagers anymore.
- I’ve gained more of my independence back. Its super empowering and makes me feel like a real person.
- No one is there to judge me for all the shitty shows I watch. And I watch some pretty questionable shows. My cat however, judges me, but that is just in everything I do.
- I drink more water. I don’t know if that has to do with me being single or the UTI I had a month ago.
- The most action I’ve had in the last few months is someone calling me while my phone is in my pocket on vibrate. I never pick up.
- I don’t feel guilty for hanging out with my friends and coworkers.
- I can cook whatever I want and not be bitched out for the crap I eat, Hey! I love my KD Tuesdays okay.
- No arguments over video game time. Video game time is my time, all the time.
- I don’t have to smell anybody else’s farts.
- The only ego I need to stroke is now my own. I am so proud of you, Cait!
- The only arguments I have are with me, myself and I. Usually, we are all on the same side.
- Perhaps, the most beneficial aspect of being single for me is working on myself. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!!
I’m sure when I’m a 40 year old spinster my views may change a little, but thus far being single is A O K with me.